Загрузка...

Trump goes off on reporters, calls Iran war coverage "treason" and "fake news"

President Donald Trump wrapped up critical talks with Chinese President Xi Jinping on Friday, claiming progress had been made in stabilizing U.S.-China relations amid tensions over Taiwan, the war in Iran and trade.

The leaders also agreed that the Strait of Hormuz — a vital shipping corridor effectively closed since the war began on Feb. 28 — must remain open to ensure the free flow of energy, and that Tehran can never be allowed to obtain a nuclear weapon.

China remains Iran’s largest trading partner, purchasing roughly 90% of its exported oil and generating billions of dollars annually for Tehran, according to the U.S.-China Economic and Security Review Commission.

“We feel very similar about how we want it to end,” Trump said, with Xi at his side. “We don’t want them to have a nuclear weapon.”

White House officials said Xi also opposed any implementation of tolls on vessels crossing the strait and expressed interest in China potentially purchasing U.S. oil to reduce its dependence on Gulf supplies.

Trump also raised the possibility of a trilateral nuclear agreement among the U.S., Russia and China that would cap each country’s nuclear arsenal. China has previously shown little interest in joining such a pact.

Beijing’s arsenal currently includes more than 600 operational nuclear warheads, according to Pentagon estimates — far below the stockpiles of the U.S. and Russia, which each possess more than 5,000. Still, Trump suggested Xi was receptive to the idea.

“I got a very positive response,” Trump said. “This is the beginning.”

The Pentagon estimates China’s arsenal could exceed 1,000 operational nuclear warheads by 2030.

Xi called the visit a “milestone.”

“We have established a new bilateral relationship — or rather, a constructive, strategic, stable relationship,” he said.

It remains unclear whether the meetings produced any major breakthroughs on trade, an issue the White House had said Trump prioritized ahead of the visit.

Trump said some “fantastic trade deals” had been struck but offered no details.

While boarding Air Force One, Trump labeled major media outlet reporters as "fake" and called their coverage of the ongoing Iran war "treasonous". The tense exchange continued as reporters from The New York Times and BBC asked follow-up questions.
-----
Stay up to date with our social media:

KRNV on Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/krnvnews4/
KRNV on Twitter: https://twitter.com/KRNV
KRNV online: https://mynews4.com

Have a news tip? Send it directly to us:

Email us: news@mynews4.com
Call the Newsroom: 775-785-1210

KRNV is a NV based station and an NBC affiliate owned and operated by Sinclair Broadcast Group, Inc. Sinclair Broadcast Group, Inc. is one of the largest and most diversified television broadcasting companies in the country today.

#krnv #reno #news #localnews #video #trump #trumpadministration #trumpnews #donaldtrump #donaldtrumpnews #china #chinanews #chinausrelations #bbc #bbcnews #politics #politicalnews #newyorktimes #iranwar #iran #iranisraelwar #irannews

Видео Trump goes off on reporters, calls Iran war coverage "treason" and "fake news" канала News 4 Reno
Яндекс.Метрика
Все заметки Новая заметка Страницу в заметки
Страницу в закладки Мои закладки
На информационно-развлекательном портале SALDA.WS применяются cookie-файлы. Нажимая кнопку Принять, вы подтверждаете свое согласие на их использование.
О CookiesНапомнить позжеПринять